The Interpreters Division provides this calendar of upcoming events (conferences, webinars, workshops, etc.) that may be of interest to interpreters. The calendar also includes training events offered by ATA members to other ATA members. These training events must provide either continuing education credits or a member-to-member discount or be sponsored by a non profit.
If you know of an event not listed here, please let us know so we can add it below. Thank you!
ATA Interpreter Connections
- Date: March 23, 2019
- Location: Toronto, ON
- Description: The ATA Interpreters Division Get Together.
- Website: https://bit.ly/2BXBv05
MICATA Annual Conference
- Date: March 22-24, 2019
- Location: Overland Park, KS
- Description: MICATA annual conference will open with an all-day pre-conference workshop on Prenatal Genetics for Interpreters and continue with a full day of presentations on interpreting, translation & resources.
- Credits: The conference has been approved for a total of 13 ATA CEUs (6 CEUs for Friday workshops, 7 CEUs for Saturday all-day conference). The workshop on Interpreting for Prenatal Genetics has been approved for 5 CEUs by the CCHI.
- Website: http://www.micata.org/annual-conference/conference-schedule
- Date: March 24-27, 2019
- Location: Munich
- Website: https://www.gala-global.org/conference/gala-2019-munich/think-interpreting
NOTIS Event: Code of Professional Responsibility for Judiciary Interpreters & Transcription
- Date: March 30, 2019
- Location: Redmond, WA
- Description: Event presented by the Legal Division of the Northwest Translators and Interpreters Society (NOTIS).
- Website: https://www.notisnet.org/event-3272909
CATI Annual Conference
- Date: March 30, 2019
- Location: Spartanburg, SC
- Description: Carolina Association of Translators & Interpreters annual conference.
- Website: https://catiweb.org/cati-annual-conference/
Long Consec Techniques and Technology
- Date and Location:
- April 13: Pomona, CA
- April 14: San Jose, CA
- May 5: Boston, MA
- Presenters: Maha El-Metwally and Darinka Mangino
- Description: In this one-day course, interpreters will be introduced to the long consecutive mode, techniques and exercises to hone their short-long consecutive skills. In addition, technology relevant to consecutive will be shared to augment skills and present an alternative to traditional methods.
- Credits: 6 CIMCE credits, 6 CCHI CEUs, 0.6 NBCMI CEUs and 6 CEPs from ATA
- Website: https://lexica-cultural-bridges.webnode.com/ (California editions) | http://tech-for-terps.webnode.com (Boston edition)
AAIT 2019 Annual Conference
- Date: April 13-14, 2019
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Description: Atlanta Association of Interpreters and Translators Annual Conference.
- Website: http://aait.org/aait-2019-annual-conference
9th Annual CTA Conference
- Date: April 26-28, 2019
- Location: Boulder, CO
- Description: 9th Annual Colorado Translators Association Conference.
- Website: https://cta-web.org/9th-annual-cta-conference/
2019 Annual NETA Conference
- Date: May 4, 2019
- Location: Boston, MA
- Description: New England Translators Association 23rd Annual Conference.
- Website: http://www.netaweb.org/2019-Conference
ITI Conference 2019
- Date: May 10-11, 2019
- Location: Sheffield (UK)
- Website: https://www.iti-conference.org.uk/
NAJIT 40th Annual Conference
- Date: May 17-19, 2019
- Location: Nashville, TN
- Website: https://najit.org/najit2019/
2019 Florida Court Interpreter Conference
- Date: May 23-24, 2019
- Location: Crystal River, FL
- Website: http://www.circuit5.org/programs-services/2019-florida-court-interpreter-conference/
Utah Language Access Conference
- Date: June 14-15, 2019
- Location: Murray, UT
- Description: Event organized by the Utah Translators and Interpreters Association.
- Website: http://www.utianet.org
International Translation Day
- Date: September 30, 2019
100 Years of Conference Interpreting
- Date: October 3-4, 2019
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Description: The University of Geneva (FTI) joins the ILO in celebrating their centenary by co-hosting an event around the theme “Looking back and looking forward!” to take stock of the most noteworthy achievements of the past and critically discuss the most prominent challenges of the future in conference interpreting practice, research and training.
- Website: https://www.unige.ch/fti/conf1nt100/conference-theme/
ATA 60th Annual Conference
- Date: October 23-26, 2019
- Location: Palm Springs, CA
- Website: http://www.atanet.org/conf/2019/ NEW!
- ATA Calendar of Events
- Upcoming ATA Webinars
- Events posted on the AIIC website
- FIT Calendar of Events
- CCHI Interpreting Industry Events
- NCIHC Home for Trainers webinars
- Interpreter Education Online – Webinars
- eCPD Webinars (UK)
- List of Events by the European Commission Knowledge Centre on Interpretation
- For local events, check your interpreters and translators associations website
- Past Events
Updated: March 2019
Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash