Get connected! Get involved!
Interpreters Division members use this Listserve, and our social media channels (Twitter and Facebook) to keep in touch and build communities to share information and experience. Start taking advantage of your ATA membership now!
Not a member yet?
Join us now!
Just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating you are a member of the Interpreters Division.
If you have any issues signing up, contact the moderator at: e-voice4ATA-IDemail@example.com[/important]
The ATA-ID Listserve is an ATA members-only benefit, facilitated by the Interpreters Division (ID) of the American Translators Association (ATA), and is a venue to communicate with ID members and values critical and complimentary comments. The opinions expressed in this listserve are those of the authors only.
By subscribing to the ID Listserve, you agree that you have read and will adhere to the guidelines listed below.
ATA and ID reserve the right to terminate access to any participant on this listserve who does not abide by these guidelines.
Legal Rules Without Exception
- The ATA-ID Listserve is considered to be an online meeting subject to the same antitrust guidelines that prevail at association meetings. Therefore,
- Do not post material that includes discussions of rates, fees for services, and matters related thereto, as specified in ATA’s Policy Statement of March 25, 1990 (http://www.atanet.org/bin/view.fpl/13626.html)
- Do not post material that interferes with the ability of others to do business, including the disclosure of information developed solely for a company’s conduct of business (trade secrets)
- The Information posted by subscribers on the listserve is available for others to see and comments rendered by the subscribers are subject to libel, slander, antitrust laws and legislation against spam. Therefore,
- Do not post any defamatory, provocative, abusive, aggressive, profane, threatening, embarrassing, obscene, sexually oriented, racially offensive or illegal material.
- Do not post any material that causes distress or discomfort to any person, entity, product, or service.
- Do not post material that infringes on any person or entity’s copyright or other intellectual property.
- Provide reference, context information and include your name on all messages.
- Do not “flame”, attack, ridicule or challenge others. Do not vent personal disagreements with others. Do not make derogatory comments, use innuendo or sarcasm. Do not insult or create dissent. Discussions are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Please avoid flaming.
- Do not post personal or commercial messages. Please avoid spamming.
- Do not post messages that contain political views.
Neither ATA nor ID take any responsibility for the information and opinions or content of the messages posted by others, nor will be held liable for loss of any information posted on the listserve. By subscribing to the ATA-ID Listserve, the subscriber agrees to release, hold harmless, indemnify, and defend the American Translators Association, the Interpreters Division, the association management, officers and employees from any and all legal or civil actions and penalties that may result from messages that the user posted on the ATA-ID listserve.
The Interpreters Division provides this non-moderated listserve for the benefit of the ID membership. We want to encourage you to become a valuable participant and contribute topics of interest to the profession, solicit advice or assistance, suggest sources of information, pose and answer questions, announce related forthcoming events, seek and exchange information, contribute resources, share your knowledge and experiences, have fun and enjoy!
If you have questions, please e-mail us at: divisionID@atanet.org