Welcome to the website of the American Translators Association’s (ATA) Science and Technology Division (S&TD). Take a look around to learn more about us. If you are a professional translator or interpreter and are not already a member of ATA or the division, we encourage you to join here.
Thanks to everyone who submitted a presentation proposal for ATA58! It is not too early to start thinking about offsite events during the conference. Do you have an idea for a tour? Would you like to organize our networking dinner or something else? Contact your Division Administrators at divisionS_TD@atanet.org
We have posted a new article on our blog
- “One Translator’s Sideline: Editing Non-Native English Scientific Writing,” by Karen Tkaczyk
Have you considered presenting at the 58th Annual Conference in Washington, DC? Here’s how:
We have posted two articles on our blog
- "A Review of Raquel Yáker Alazrachi's Glossary of Petroleum, Environment and Natural Gas, English-Spanish, Spanish-English, Second Edition,” by Clarisa Moraña
- "The 4 S’s, part 1: Skill,” by Patrick Weill
The latest report from the Administrator to the ATA Board is now available under the Official Business tab.
Happy 2017 from the Science & Technology Division!
Did you know that presentation proposals for the 58th Annual Conference in Washington, DC are due by Friday, March 3? We encourage members to start thinking about proposal topics now. For more information about the process, visit www.atanet.org/conferencesandseminars/proposal.php or contact your Division Administrators at divisionS_TD@atanet.org with your ideas.
We have posted two new articles on our blog:
- "Beware of fraudulent websites that could ruin your reputation or worse: how I achieved a happy ending," by Carola F. Berger
- "Review of Tapani Ronni’s Session on CRISPR at the ATA 57th Annual Conference," by Brooke A. Cochran
Did you know that our Division has a listserv, a Facebook group, a LinkedIn group, and a Twitter account? Join the conversation at: