Welcome to the website of the American Translators Association’s (ATA) Science and Technology Division (S&TD). Take a look around to learn more about us. If you are a professional translator or interpreter and are not already a member of ATA or the division, we encourage you to join here.
The ATA 55th Annual Conference Mobile App is now available, featuring a variety of scheduling and networking tools. You can:
- Create a personal profile to share with attendees and vendors
- Upload your resume
- View handouts and slides
- Submit evaluations
- Contact speakers
- Create a personal schedule and receive schedule updates
- Find local attractions and restaurants
The app can be accessed through web browsers and several devices (iPhones, iPads, or Android phones/tablets). Attendees will receive a username and password by email after registration. See http://www.atanet.org/conf/2014/app.htm for additional details.
The ATA 55th Annual Conference in Chicago (November 5-8) is fast approaching!
- Early registration ends on October 3.
- New hotel rooms have been made available at the DoubleTree Chicago Magnificent Mile.
- Join us for the following division events:
- Open House at 7pm on Wednesday, November 5
- Dinner at 7pm on Thursday, November 6
- Breakfast Meeting at 7:30am on Friday, November 7
- Annual Meeting at 12:45pm on Friday, November 7
Payment for the S&TD dinner must be received by October 29. Please see the blog for the menu and payment details.
* A summary of the upcoming S&TD presentations is now available on the blog: "ATA Science & Technology Division 2014 Program," by Matthew Schlecht.
ATA's 55th Annual Conference in Chicago (November 5-8, 2014) is fast approaching!
- Early registration ends on October 3rd [http://www.atanet.org/conf/2014/register.htm]. ATA members can save $80 over the standard registration fee. Registered attendees will be able to begin using the conference app later this month.
- The Science & Technology Division will hold a networking dinner at Emilio’s Tapas, one of Chicago's most popular restaurants (winner of a Critics’ Choice Award for 5 years in a row).
Thursday, November 6 at 7:00pm
215 East Ohio Street
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 467-7177 | www.emiliostapas.com
RESERVATION AND PAYMENT:
Price (includes tax and gratuity): $55.00 per person if paying by check, $56.00 per person if paying by Paypal (to yarborough.translations[at]gmail[dot]com). Payment must be received on or before Wednesday, 10/29/2014.
Please send checks to:
4400 Chalfont Place
Bethesda, MD 20816