There’s so much to do at the 56th Annual Conference of the American Translators Association taking place in Miami from November 4 – 7, 2015. Make sure you schedule some French Language Division events into your schedule!
- Sign up for preconference seminar SEM-E about Source-Language Cultural Literacy for French>English Translators that takes place on Wednesday at 1:30 – 4:30 pm.
- Visit with the FLD (and other Divisions) during the conference Welcome Celebration on Wednesday, November 4 at 5:30 – 7 pm
- Come hear about what the FLD has accomplished this past year and where we’re going at the French Language Division Annual Meeting on Thursday, November 5 at 4:45 – 5:45 pm.
- Enjoy an outdoor reception and indoor meal with colleagues and friends at the French Language Division Dinner on Thursday, November 5 at 6:30 pm at the Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita Restaurant.
You must register and pay in advance for this event: more info here.
- Attend French Language Division track sessions at the conference. Click here for a list of French-track sessions on the ATA’s conference website.
- Tweet about your experiences, hook up with other attendees or share what you’ve learned at the conference using FLD’s own conference hashtag: #ata56FLD. Don’t forget to give a shout out to the FLD’s Twitter account when you do: @ATA_FLD
- Sign up to write an article for À Propos, the FLD newsletter, about something you’ve learned at the conference or other information you’d like to share. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And, most importantly, don’t forget to have a great time! See you in Miami!