interaktiv is the biannual newsletter of the German Language Division, published in the winter and summer each year. It provides GLD members with division updates and news, interesting industry-related articles from GLD members and others, dictionary and book reviews, a calendar of events and so much more.
Each issue of interaktiv is made available as a PDF you can download and read anywhere. Find past issues dating back to March 1999 below.
Latest interaktiv issue
Here’s a glimpse of what’s inside:
- Feature articles exploring current hot topics in the German language (problematic place names, gendering)
- A look at the evolution of plain English, aka easy English
- An update from our GLD Administrator, Carlie Sitzman
- (Translation) Notes from the Homeland from our European Coordinator, Ellen Yutzy Glebe
- ATA 63 Conference Primer
- Translator in Profile interview with Heike Holthaus
- Interviews and recaps of the last 25 years from some of the GLD’s founding members and early administrators
- A review of the book Die Wunderkammer der Deutschen Sprache
- and much more!