The Interpreters Division provides this calendar of upcoming events (conferences, webinars, workshops, etc.) that may be of interest to interpreters. The calendar also includes training events offered by ATA members to other ATA members. These training events must provide either continuing education credits or a member-to-member discount or be sponsored by a non profit.
To add an event, please follow these instructions.
3rd Annual Interpreters and Translators Conference 2019
- Date: September 27-28, 2019
- Location: Irvine, CA
- Organizer: Orange County Department of Education (OCDE) Educational Services Division
- Description: The 3rd Annual Interpreters and Translators Conference will focus on offering our participants the opportunity to engage more in depth with nationally and internationally recognized experts in the field and explore techniques to enhance interpretation and translation skills. This annual conference is a major educational event for bilingual staff, educators, and community stakeholders committed to ensure proper language use in school settings and the community we serve.
- Website: https://ocde.k12oms.org/eventdetail.php?id=157285
NOTIS 2019 Annual Conference
- Date: September 28-29, 2019
- Location: The Museum of Flight, 9404 East Marginal Way S., Seattle, WA 98108
- Organizer: Northwest Translators and Interpreters Society
- Description: The NOTIS 2019 Conference features expert speakers from across the US and Mexico, covering a wide variety of topics. Skills-based workshops are available for both interpreters and translators. Come join us to strengthen your knowledge and explore new fields. The event includes networking opportunities and a job fair.
- Credits: CEUs approved by: ATA (9 total), OJD (10 total: 8.5 general, 1.5 Spanish language-specific), WA AOC (15 total: 6.5 general, 8.5 performance-based). CEUs pending for: CA CIMCE and WA DSHS.
- Website: https://www.notisnet.org/Annual-Conference
International Translation Day
- Date: September 30, 2019
100 Years of Conference Interpreting
- Date: October 3-4, 2019
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Description: The University of Geneva (FTI) joins the ILO in celebrating their centenary by co-hosting an event around the theme “Looking back and looking forward!” to take stock of the most noteworthy achievements of the past and critically discuss the most prominent challenges of the future in conference interpreting practice, research and training.
- Website: https://www.unige.ch/fti/conf1nt100/conference-theme/
ATA 60th Annual Conference
- Date: October 23-26, 2019
- Location: Palm Springs, CA
- Website: http://www.atanet.org/conf/2019/
2019 IMIA One-Day Regional Conference in Oregon
- Date: November 1, 2019
- Location: Portland, OR
- Description: International Medical Interpreters Association One-Day Regional Conference in Oregon
- Website: https://imiaweb.org/
- ATA Calendar of Events
- Upcoming ATA Webinars
- Events posted on the AIIC website
- FIT Calendar of Events
- CCHI Interpreting Industry Events
- NCIHC Home for Trainers webinars
- Interpreter Education Online – Webinars
- eCPD Webinars (UK)
- List of Events by the European Commission Knowledge Centre on Interpretation
- For local events, check your interpreters and translators associations website
- Past Events
Updated: August 2019
Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash