The Interpreters Division provides this calendar of upcoming events (conferences, webinars, workshops, etc.) that may be of interest to interpreters. The calendar also includes training events offered by ATA members to other ATA members. These training events must provide either continuing education credits or a member-to-member discount or be sponsored by a non profit.
If you know of an event not listed here, please let us know so we can add it below. Thank you!
AAIT 2019 Annual Conference
- Date: April 13-14, 2019
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Description: Atlanta Association of Interpreters and Translators Annual Conference.
- Website: http://aait.org/aait-2019-annual-conference
9th Annual CTA Conference
- Date: April 26-28, 2019
- Location: Boulder, CO
- Description: 9th Annual Colorado Translators Association Conference.
- Website: https://cta-web.org/9th-annual-cta-conference/
2019 Annual NETA Conference
- Date: May 4, 2019
- Location: Boston, MA
- Description: New England Translators Association 23rd Annual Conference.
- Website: http://www.netaweb.org/2019-Conference
ITI Conference 2019
- Date: May 10-11, 2019
- Location: Sheffield (UK)
- Website: https://www.iti-conference.org.uk/
NAJIT 40th Annual Conference
- Date: May 17-19, 2019
- Location: Nashville, TN
- Website: https://najit.org/najit2019/
2019 Florida Court Interpreter Conference
- Date: May 23-24, 2019
- Location: Crystal River, FL
- Website: http://www.circuit5.org/programs-services/2019-florida-court-interpreter-conference/
Utah Language Access Conference
- Date: June 14-15, 2019
- Location: Murray, UT
- Description: Event organized by the Utah Translators and Interpreters Association.
- Website: http://www.utianet.org
2019 IMIA One-Day Regional Conference in Maryland
- Date: June 21, 2019
- Location: Olney, MD
- Description: International Medical Interpreters Association One-Day Regional Conference in Maryland
- Website: https://imiaweb.org/
3rd Annual Interpreters and Translators Conference 2019
- Date: September 27-28, 2019
- Location: Irvine, CA
- Organizer: Orange County Department of Education (OCDE) Educational Services Division
- Description: The 3rd Annual Interpreters and Translators Conference will focus on offering our participants the opportunity to engage more in depth with nationally and internationally recognized experts in the field and explore techniques to enhance interpretation and translation skills. This annual conference is a major educational event for bilingual staff, educators, and community stakeholders committed to ensure proper language use in school settings and the community we serve.
- Website: https://ocde.k12oms.org/eventdetail.php?id=157285
International Translation Day
- Date: September 30, 2019
100 Years of Conference Interpreting
- Date: October 3-4, 2019
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Description: The University of Geneva (FTI) joins the ILO in celebrating their centenary by co-hosting an event around the theme “Looking back and looking forward!” to take stock of the most noteworthy achievements of the past and critically discuss the most prominent challenges of the future in conference interpreting practice, research and training.
- Website: https://www.unige.ch/fti/conf1nt100/conference-theme/
ATA 60th Annual Conference
- Date: October 23-26, 2019
- Location: Palm Springs, CA
- Website: http://www.atanet.org/conf/2019/ NEW!
2019 IMIA One-Day Regional Conference in Oregon
- Date: November 1, 2019
- Location: Portland, OR
- Description: International Medical Interpreters Association One-Day Regional Conference in Oregon
- Website: https://imiaweb.org/
- ATA Calendar of Events
- Upcoming ATA Webinars
- Events posted on the AIIC website
- FIT Calendar of Events
- CCHI Interpreting Industry Events
- NCIHC Home for Trainers webinars
- Interpreter Education Online – Webinars
- eCPD Webinars (UK)
- List of Events by the European Commission Knowledge Centre on Interpretation
- For local events, check your interpreters and translators associations website
- Past Events
Updated: March 2019
Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash