The Interpreters Division provides this calendar of upcoming events (conferences, webinars, workshops, etc.) that may be of interest to interpreters. The calendar also includes training events offered by ATA members to other ATA members. These training events must provide either continuing education credits or a member-to-member discount or be sponsored by a non profit.
To add an event, please follow these instructions.
This year’s past events are greyed out.
MATI 2020 Webinar Series – An Interpreter’s Survival Guide: A Proactive Approach to Navigating Work as a Subcontractor
- Date: October 10, 2020 | 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM (CDT)
- Presenter: Liz Essary
- Description: Midwest Association of Translators and Interpreters (MATI) 2020 Webinar Series – Interpreters receive training on skills and ethics, but can be left bewildered as they navigate the market as subcontracted interpreters. Some simple tips from a voice of experience can go a long way in creating a more comfortable, confident work life for subcontracted interpreters. In this webinar, the presenter will guide participants in: identifying questions to ask before accepting an assignment, understanding how to prepare for an assignment when there’s no information, identifying possible surprises and how to prepare for them, and recognize the importance of creating a community of self-care among colleagues. This webinar is appropriate for interpreters of any level of experience working in any setting. Interpreters who are new to working with agencies, or who struggle to navigate difficult situations will especially benefit from the content.
- Website: https://www.matiata.org/event-3756573
ATA 61st Annual Conference
- Date: October 21-24, 2020
- Location: Virtual! Registration is open now!
- Website: https://ata61.org
14th TAHIT Annual Educational Symposium
- Date: November 20-21, 2020
- Location: Virtual!
- Description: The Texas Association of Healthcare Interpreters and Translators (TAHIT) invites to submit a presentation proposal for its 14th annual event which will take place on November 20-21, 2020.
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2020-tahit-symposium-call-for-presenters-registration-117467300859
XXII FIT World Congress
December 3-5, 2020Postponed for a year
- Website: https://www.fit-ift.org/events/world-congress/
- ATA Calendar of Events
- Upcoming ATA Webinars
- Events posted on the AIIC website
- FIT Calendar of Events
- CCHI Interpreting Industry Events
- NCIHC Home for Trainers webinars
- Interpreter Education Online – Webinars
- NCI Workshop Schedule
- eCPD Webinars (UK)
- List of Events by the European Commission Knowledge Centre on Interpretation
- For local events, check your interpreters and translators associations website
- Past Events
Updated: September 2020
Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash