The Interpreters Division provides this calendar of upcoming events (conferences, webinars, workshops, etc.) that may be of interest to interpreters. The calendar also includes training events offered by ATA members to other ATA members. These training events must provide either continuing education credits or a member-to-member discount or be sponsored by a non profit.
To add an event, please follow these instructions.
This year’s past events are greyed out.
Live Webinar: Reclaiming language access in U.S. Latino communities during COVID-19: Patient-centeredness at risk?
- Date: Wednesday, May 20 2-3:30 p.m. (EST)
- Description: The webinar ultimately aims to stimulate dialogue about our hopes for what ‘patient-centeredness’ can look like for U.S. Latino patient populations. We hope to highlight crucial places that require immediate intervention, ideally in collaboration with applied linguists, if we are to improve health outcomes for LEP Latino populations, especially in this urgently time-sensitive moment of COVID-19.
- Organized by: College of Arts and Sciences, The Ohio State University
- Website: https://u.osu.edu/languageaccessresearch/
2020 Court Interpreter Training Institute (CITI)
- Date and location: It will begin with a series of webinars in June followed by two weeks of intensive, online instruction from July 6-17 Updated
- Description: The CITI is one of the country’s premier Spanish/English court interpreter trainings. In its 37th year, the CITI is a hybrid training offered online during June, followed by two weeks at the University of Arizona in July intensively practicing interpreting skills with the CITI’s exceptional, federally certified instructors. Sponsored by the University of Arizona National Center for Interpretation
- Website: https://nci.arizona.edu/training/citi
NAJIT 41st Annual Conference (NAJIT2020)
June 5-7, 2020Cancelled
- Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Website: https://najit.org/annual-conferences/
co>lab interpreting intensive
- Date and location:
Toronto, Canada – July 27-31, 2020Cancelled
- Description: Co>lab is a week-long, peer-based practice intensive for conference interpreting professionals. We think of co>lab as our yearly training camp, where we can play with certain language combinations, subject domains, and modalities in a safe, supportive environment. It also serves as a chance to learn from our colleagues and challenge any fixed ideas of ourselves and our vocation.
- Website: https://colabinterpreting.com/colab-cuernavaca/
ATA 61st Annual Conference
- Date: October 21-24, 2020
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Website: https://www.atanet.org/conf/
XXII FIT World Congress
- Date: December 3-5, 2020
- Location: Varadero, Cuba
- Website: https://www.fit-ift.org/events/world-congress/
- ATA Calendar of Events
- Upcoming ATA Webinars
- Events posted on the AIIC website
- FIT Calendar of Events
- CCHI Interpreting Industry Events
- NCIHC Home for Trainers webinars
- Interpreter Education Online – Webinars
- NCI Workshop Schedule
- eCPD Webinars (UK)
- List of Events by the European Commission Knowledge Centre on Interpretation
- For local events, check your interpreters and translators associations website
- Past Events
Updated: May 2020
Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash