Come for the Curitiba Summer HIT, the second edition of a very successful High Intensity Interpreter Training workshop for interpreters with Portuguese C or planning to add Portuguese to their language combination. Once again, novice Portuguese A interpreters will be around to give feedback and you can also choose to have optional private or small-group Portuguese lessons with experienced Portuguese as a Foreign Language teachers. Last but not least, it’s not just a coincidence that Carnival is the week after!
Interpreters with Portuguese C or who are planning to add Portuguese to their language combination. English, Spanish, French and Italian As and Bs are welcome. Other languages may be accommodated upon request.
Content of the workshop
- Simultaneous and consecutive practice with live and recorded speeches on either general or technical topics.
- Continuous assistance and feedback from novice Portuguese A interpreters.
- Remote feedback by guest interpreter trainers from renowned interpreting programs in Brazil.
- Portuguese language exercises and exposure to different accents of Brazilian Portuguese.
- Cultural activities – NEW!
- Optional for an additional fee, private or small-group Portuguese language sessions given by Portuguese as a Foreign Language teachers from the Federal University of Parana’s Intercultural Language Center (CELIN), a reference in PFL teaching in Brazil. NEW!
- Optional homestay with a Brazilian family.
Richard Laver (PT and EN A; ES C) has been a member of AIIC since 2002. Richard is a freelance interpreter based in Rio with 18 years of experience. In his capacity as the current CM for Brazil, he has been involved with novice interpreters via VEGA activities. email@example.com
Raquel Schaitza (PT A; EN B) has been a freelance in the private market for over 25 years. Raquel offers a regular short-term interpreter training program in Curitiba and was also a simultaneous interpreting trainer at Estacio de Sa University in Sao Paulo, Brazil. firstname.lastname@example.org
Together, Raquel and Richard have offered intensive training courses for both PT A and PT C interpreters based in Brazil or abroad.
Maximum number of participants: 14
Maximum number of participants: 18
- AIIC members: EUR 740
- Non-AIIC members: EUR 888
Each hour of PT private tuition: EUR 30 (optional paid directly to instructors)
A note on accommodation: The Slaviero Suites Curitiba Soho is offering very attractive rates to course participants and a link will be provided with other suggestions.
To register, click here.