If you don’t already have a Google account, you will need to create one. To subscribe, go to https://groups.google.com/d/forum/ata-korean-language-division.
> Click on “Sign in to view this group”
> Sign in to a google account or create one with an existing email
> Click on “Apply for membership or contact the owner and the manager” and apply.
You have to be a current member of the KLD to access the listserv. If you are unsure whether or not you are a member of the KLD, please contact Mr. Jamie Padula, Chapter and Division Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can check your listing in the ATA Membership Directory.
For questions and more information, please contact the Communications Committee Chair, Joseph Wojowski, email@example.com.
KLD Listserv Guidelines
Policy 1. By subscribing to the Listserv, you are confirming that you have read and are agreeing to the terms of the KLD Listserv policy. 2. The moderator(s) retains the right to unsubscribe members after consulting with the KLD administrators if any member(s) engage in misuse or misconduct according to this Policy and the suggested etiquette below. 3. Applicants to the listserv must apply with full name and status of their membership with the ATA and the KLD. 4. If the applicant is a member of the ATA but not a member of the KLD (or not sure of his or her status), he or she must contact Mr. Jamie Padula, Chapter and Division Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or check his/her your listing in the ATA Membership Directory. 5. The KLD Listserv serves as a forum for sharing ideas and information of interest to colleagues, asking for advice/help related to Korean translation and interpretation, and suggesting new or interesting sources of information related to professional development, special events, and other related topics. 6. Specifically prohibited are discussions of rates and matters related thereto as specified in ATA's Policy Statement of March 25, 1990. (Antitrust statement)
KLD Listserv Etiquette
1. Cyberspace etiquette shall be observed at all times.
2. Flaming, spamming, yelling (ALL CAPS), and other inconsiderate behavior will not be tolerated.
3. Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, embarrassing, or illegal material.
4. Do not use the KLD list as a vehicle to vent personal disagreements with other members.
5. Do not post any material that causes distress or discomfort to any person, entity, product, or service.
6. Do not post material that interferes with the ability of others to do business, including the disclosure of information developed solely for a company’s conduct of business (trade secrets).
7. Do not give out or distribute the contact information of members to any third parties without the consent or approval of the member, and/or the KLD administrators and moderators.
8. Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the list are meant to stimulate conversation and not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
9. Do not post sales messages. This is spamming.
10. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
11. No message may be forwarded electronically or otherwise to anyone who is not a subscriber to the KLD list without the originator’s permission. In addition, any member forwarding a message should verify the accuracy of the message before posting it to the listserv.
12. Be safe and assume that all material is copyrighted unless the author explicitly states that the material is in the public domain. Do not forward any copyrighted material to the list without express permission from the copyright owner. If you see an item on the web which you think might be of interest to KLD members, forward the URL ONLY. Do not forward the entire item or article to the list.
13. Do not send messages with attachments to this listserv. If the content of your message cannot be contained in the body of the message, offer it to subscribers of the listserv as a PRIVATE mailing.
14. Use ‘Reply’ when responding to a posted message. This will maintain the thread on a particular topic. Remember that any of your replies to a message will be sent automatically to everyone on the Listserv. If you want to respond only to the person who posted the thread, you can choose, Reply to the Sender option on the very bottom of the yahoo group email page.
15. Include in your replies the relevant part of the message to which you are replying. It is not necessary to repeat the entire original message, but including the relevant section makes it easier to follow threads.
16. Messages posted on the KLD Listserv are the individual’s responsibility. Neither KLD nor KLD Listserv moderators accept any responsibility for statements made by individual members on the KLD Listserv.
For questions and more information, please contact the listserv moderator, Paul B. Gallagher, paulbg (at) pbg-translations.com.