- Requests ATA Headquarters to broadcast a “Call for Nominations” to Division membership.
- Prepares a “Call for Nominations” to be published in the spring issue of the Division newsletter.
- Requests ATA Headquarters to provide the Committee with a list of all Active ATA members in the division.
- Seeks qualified, interested candidates for office.
- Determines the eligibility of candidates – elected Division officers must be Active ATA members.
- Contacts individuals who are nominated to confirm their willingness to accept the nomination – written acceptance of the nomination must be sent to the Nominating Committee.
- Submits Nominating Committee Report, naming the slate of candidates, to ATA Headquarters and Division Administrator along with copies of written acceptance from the nominees.
- Oversees the submission of candidate statements to ATA Headquarters.
- Stands ready to accept petitions for additional candidates to be added to the ballot.
The Korean Language Division is pleased to call for nominations from the KLD membership for the following positions:
- Administrator (2-year term)
- Assistant Administrator (2-year term)
KLD OFFICER DUTIES The KLD Administrator and Assistant Administrator work together with volunteers to prepare the Division newsletter, recruit Division speakers for the ATA Annual Conference, and organize the Division's annual networking event. WHY BECOME A DIVISION LEADER? Serving in a Division leadership role provides enormous professional and personal opportunity. In fact, Division officers frequently find themselves becoming more successful in their own careers as they develop additional skills, meet new colleagues, and make useful business connections. WHO CAN BE A CANDIDATE? A qualified candidate must be an Active or Corresponding Member, that is, a voting member of ATA as well as a member of the Korean Language Division. To learn more, click on https://www.atanet.org/membership/membership_type.php If you plan to put a name forward for a nomination, it would be helpful if you could contact the potential nominee first and tell them of your intention. Let them know that a nomination does not guarantee a formal invitation to run for office. Remember that all Division officers serve on a volunteer basis; please do not nominate colleagues who express serious concerns about service or who have conflicting priorities. NOT A VOTING MEMBER YET? An Associate ATA member can become a voting member of the Association through the ATA Membership Review Process. It's a relatively easy request to make with minimal paperwork. And the best part about becoming an ATA voting member? It's a chance to participate in the Association by letting your voice be heard.
HOW TO NOMINATE A CANDIDATE
A Nominating Committee has been appointed to actively seek nominations for candidates. The 2019 KLD Nominating Committee will be announced.
To nominate a candidate for KLD office, you may contact the Nominating Committee listed above or download the Nomination Form from https://www.atanet.org/divisions/elections_2011/nomform_KLD.pdf The Nomination Form may be mailed or faxed to ATA Headquarters: Jamie Padula American Translators Association 225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 590 Alexandria, Virginia 22314 Fax 703-683-6122