by Ana Gabriela Gonzalez Meade
We are proud to present Deep Focus, the first edition of our official publication.
Starting with our Division establishment in late August, 2018 has given us plenty to be grateful for:
– Successfully establishing the ATA Audiovisual Division
– Setting up our ATA-AVD website, listserv, Twitter, and Facebook page
– Officially launching the AVD for the first time at the ATA59 Conference
– Hosting our very first AVD member event during ATA59 with a lively Happy Hour
– Holding our first (very well-attended) annual ATA-AVD Division meeting
– Drawing full-house attendance at several AVT ATA59 presentations
– Delivering our first Deep Focus newsletter edition as scheduled
AVD-ATA is all about our members. We aim to evolve along with the thriving AVT industry, and increase the profile of our trade’s linguists by promoting and supporting continuing education delivered by experts in the field. We also strive to raise awareness and understanding for language services provider professionals.
We have significant content to share with you in this first issue with an AVT report on our very own ATA59 Conference, critical reviews on the CITA and Languages and the Media 2018 AVT conferences, a subtitling & captioning software series, industry insights from seasoned AVT professionals, and much more to come!
We would love for you to join our efforts, see you become a regular Deep Focus reader and, furthermore, a contributor!
We encourage everyone to share valuable knowledge with our members. Check our guidelines at: https://www.ata-divisions.org/AVD/ and send your submissions to email@example.com.
Welcome to the first edition of Deep Focus and happy holidays!